We spend hour upon hour following the inspirational journey of bloggers, influencers and digital nomads around the globe. Since collecting 20 of our monthly favourites in December, we received many requests to introduce you to our favourite influencers and share the stories behind their feed. The questions are almost the same, the perspective however, always different.
Today we are introducing you to Parisian blogger, Katia Giorgino, who has been behind the blog, ‘LazyKat’ since 2008. She is a self-taught photographer and loves taking pictures of her cats and friends as a hobby. She shares her journeys on many platforms, regardless if she’s on the top of the Eiffel-tower, or walking down her favourite Street in London. Today she is sharing her stories behind the scenes.
You travel to many places, how do you pick your destinations?
I usually pick them based on whether I think the city has a nice ambiance. I also love to discover new places; try new stuff, visit cool shops. It also helps when you see beautiful pictures of a place online, makes you want to go and visit it for yourself.
Which city has been the biggest surprise so far?
I guess Berlin; it’s not that I never wanted to go but I just wasn’t that interested in it, but now that I have spent a bit of time there, I’ve changed my mind and would love to go back again soon.
How do you stay healthy when you travel?
I don’t! Haha! Usually when I travel I’m on holiday, so I try to just enjoy myself and not restrict myself.
5 memorable trips: Which city has had the most impact on your life?
London! Forever and ever, it’s my dream city! I went there for the first time with my best friend when we were young and we both loved it. We had so much fun and people there are so nice. I try to go there as often as possible because I simply love it.
5 places to visit, and why they mean so much to you?
- Eiffel Tower because it represents France and I always love seeing it.
- This Is Venice salon in Paris because she’s my friend and is so talented.
- Inn the park in London, in the St James park, a restaurant with delicious food, in an amazing location. It’s really dreamy. I went there with a friend and we both loved it.
- Portobello road in London because it’s colorful and pretty, it’s perfect for a walk with the flowers market etc.
- Brammibals Donut in Berlin, a vegan donut shop: no need to explain!! So good 😀
5 landscapes you LOVE and people can’t miss:
- The view from the Eiffel Tower, from where you can see all of Paris
- The view from La Colline du Chateau de Nice in Nice French Riviera, you can see beaches, amazing view
- La Croisette in Cannes, French Riviera, really pretty in the summer.
- The Grand Canyon, never been there but I hope to go, someday!
- The Blue Lagoon in Iceland, never been there either, but it’s also another dream!